Sunday, June 7, 2009

Roast..

Definition of ROAST: like a toast, expressing ones feelings.

Okay so this is pretty embarrassing story and it shows how blonde Jess and I are when it comes to things at work. The other day at work a friend was having her last day and some other friends were putting on a little party for her. The posters said "Come join us for a roast and refreshments" Jess and I usually pack a lunch for work and the night before Jess and I decided we would just take lunch early and not pack one and eat roast and have refreshments with everyone else. Well when we got there everyone started talking about sandwiches so Jess and I gave each other a weird glance at each other but didnt say anything. Then the lady's started talking about sandwich orders, and one of the girls called it in to the wrong Jimmy Johns so she would be a little late picking up so start without her. So we started without the sandwiches and a manager got up and started talking about the lady leaving and how much the company will miss her and after he was close to finishing he said "now I would like to open the roast to anyone else" Jess and I looked at each other and started busting out. We left shortly after and laughed so hard we had to take a second to breath. So we were able to add a new vocabulary word to our self dictionary that when someone says they are having a roast, its not like a pork roast, its more like a toast. We were so embarrassed, but glad no one else picked on what we did.

I was pretty busy this weekend and wasnt stuck out in the rain, which was nice. Thursday night Cousin Travy graduated so we went to his ceremony.
Friday I went to Pocatello with Bonnie and Garry to watch Jay play in some basketball tournament. Its always nice to watch him play when I get the chance. When I go to his school games it makes me start to miss cheer a little bit. We all then met up with Lynds and Taylor for dinner. Its nice to be back at home to see everyone that I dont see much when I'm down at school.
Yesterday the family came down to Aunt Jackie's to celebrate Trav's graduation. It was nice to see everyone again, sounds like I will be seeing them all a lot this month with everything planned out. Last night Jay and I met up with his sister Rach and her husband Chris. It was so good to see them and visit for awhile. Sounds like Rach is doing good with her baby, she finds out in July what she is having, and as Lynds always says it better be a boy becauseshe is having the first girl :)

Jess and I started work last Monday so we are bums again, wake up for work, go to work, get off work, eat dinner, go walk the square, then bed time :) ha ha

2 comments:

  1. I am glad I got to see you Friday! I hope you guys had fun at dinner and a movie saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I love your story about the roast. It's always great to add words to our vocabulary. Anyway a hard laugh always makes you feel so good.

    ReplyDelete