Monday, June 21, 2010

Busy Busyy.

Oh man, my pictures are all out of order, something I wish blogspot was easier to use when it comes to pictures. Anywho, things have been very busy! Just busy with working. Ive made a few things on my Mondays off, which is so nice to have! Mom Jess and I went garage selling this weekend, Sissy found a ton of good buys on school stuff for next year when she is hopefully teaching! I didnt have much luck! I did however find this neat wood deal, Im not sure what I am going to do with it so if anyone has an idea please share! I just couldnt pass it up, come on 13 cents! who would want to pass up that good deal!?When I head to Pocatello Brooke and I have been visiting a few of the thrift stores there, I came across a blog forever ago that gave me this wonderful idea! They took old clip boards, decorated them up and added photos to them.. So I decided to make one for Brooke since she is my DI buddy (: turned out pretty cute I must say! Just need to get a picture developed and this baby will be done. I was really excited with the way it turned out, she decorates her room in turquoises and lime greens. Cute color scheme (: (cant see it in my picture but the little tag says friendship on it and there is a little flower charm as well safety pinned to the netting)
I saw this on a blog forever ago, I have a list full of ideas that I have came across. I just cross them off when my Mondays roll around. Jess had a girls day one day with Missy and Lynds, they made a bunch of these fabric flowers. Jess came home and showed me and I just had to find a project to use them.. I came across this! how cute is it! here it is with the lights off and my lamp on.
I had the old base in my yellow room back in the old house, so i spray painted it blue to match my room at school. Came across the shade at Ross for a whopping three bucks and grabbed the fabric on sale at JoAnns last week! total price of my new lamp.... $5. what a deal!
Last weekend when Mom and I were garage sale-ing I found these wood plaques. I loved the swirl deal on top and just had to get them. Mom was like what you going to do with them, I had to think and came across some cute paper mom had at home and decided to make a key ring holder for outside the kitchen for my apartment next year. I painted the wood a red, added the paper on top with a few coats of mod podge and had dad put screws in for the hooks. sorry about the silver hooks laying on the front, i had to place them so dad knows where to put them tomorrow. But I was super proud of my buy, total cost... $2 (good thing mom is creative or buying all this stuff she has on hand would make my things not so cheap to make)
Finally I got Sissy to do a craft with me, well I guess she helped me with my lamp, but this time she got something out of it! I swear every day im blogging I come across a new blog that i absolutely adore! This idea came from Redberry Barn. Jenn was super nice and emailed me the pattern of the flowers, since my frame was a tad bit smaller than hers I had to cute them down a smidge. But they turned out very cute! This one is Sissys.
This one is mine. I really liked the colors Jenn used so I tried hard to find fabrics close. They are super easy to make, all you need is an old picture frame, some burlap to wrap around your frame and to use for the center of the flower, three different fabrics two for the flowers and one for the hanging, and something to put in the middle. I used a brad, she used a knob, but I didnt want to spend $4 on a center, and after i finished i think it would be too heavy in the middle with the fabrics i ended up using. My front door will be so cute this fall!
So Im a day late, but things have been busy. Mom Dad and Sissy went to the lake yesterday for the day to BBQ with grandma and grandpa for fathers day. I wasnt able to make it since I had to work, but it was nice spending earlier that day with Daddy.
Grandpa Topp and Mom
Grandpa Baker, Sissy and I
last but not least, Always going to be Daddy's little girls! Thanks for everything you have done for Sissy and I Dad! You truly are one amazing person! Love you lots!

Cant wait for next Monday to come to cross more things off my list (:
Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. I love all the things you've been working on. You make such fun stuff. Don't you love going to garage sales? You can make stuff for so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was half as talented as you are Mer. I love your face! You are making some awesome stuff. Now take me with you girls next time so I can find some cute stuff and you can help me be creative!!!

    ReplyDelete