Thursday, February 18, 2010

one week to remember...

so my computer is still sick :( ha haaa, so this is a little late in posting, but Ive been missing my blogging dearly. I hope to get my computer all better soon. Last week was one special week for me. It was my big 20! It was a great one. My birthday fell on a Wednesday this year and my night class didnt agree with it too well. All of my friends and I went out to dinner on Tuesday night instead, I wish I had those pictures, but I will have to steal them from sissy and post them a little bit later. Anywho, Wingers was delicious! Wednesday rolled around and I was super spoiled, thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, you made my day even more special :) Jess made treats for everyone after lab to come over and enjoy for the night. My all time favorite cupcakes, CONFETTIII, enjoying the spotlight with me is my friend Phil.
Jason was such a sweetheart on my birthday, surprised me with beautiful flowers and my favorite cookie dough icecream cake :) Thank you JASON!
Everyone that came over for treats on Wednesday, Yesenia, Tein, Jake, Cody, Durr, Bree, James, Abbs, Donnie, Jake, Brenan, Court, Brookie, Erin, Sissy, and Drew. Oh and Phil, just not pictured.
My wonderful mainerrrr :)
My adopted brother, Donnie Carson-Baker :)
My wonderful roommates that decorated my room with confetti and basket filler at midnight!
Thanks to everyone that made my birthday special! Sissy I love you!
And to add to all the excitement, we took a trip down to Denver to see Wy. He is doing fabulous!! Looks so so so great, his surprise was that he has a manual chair that he can move with his arms. He brought tears to my eyes when I saw him because he has improved so so so much since we last saw him. He has movements in his arms, just not his fingers yet, but he is trying so hard! I am so proud of him.
Wy had our whole weekend planned for us. Saturday we hit up the mall, yes this was his idea. I think Jess and I scared him away from shopping though ha ha he didnt believe that we could spend so much time in one store :)
Sunday we were going to hit up the zoo, but it was snowing so we ended up going to a museum instead. It was awesome!! FOUR floors of sweetness!!
Wy and I eating in the T-Rex Cafe.

Mom and Wy on the planet floor in the museum.
Aunt Shir on the health floor. She was a scientist for a bit. I was amazed by this floor! So was Aunt Shir, she was able to see her DNA and cells under a microscope. Mom, sissy and I was able to see how we would age from UV rays and what we would look like when we were 70 years old, SCARY!!
I had a fun filled weekend and I cant wait to go back and visit. Wy and I were able to Skype the other night, it was super fun and good to see him once again :) Denver is gorgeous! This is the view from the museum of the city.

This weekend is full of fun, I cant wait. My roommates and a few friends are headed over to Weber for the night on Saturday to watch the ISU men play some ball. I cant wait for a girls weekend :) Hope everyone is doing wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good birthday and fun trip too! Love all your pictures. Glad you liked your flowers and cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear this good news about Wyatt. It is awesome that he is able to use his arms to get around in his wheel chair. We will be looking for that blog entry that he is able to use his fingers. I am sure it really helped him to have a visit from the wonderful Baker family. You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete